My next adventure has begun. I will be visiting the not small island of Australia. It is a bit odd, after two summers in Japan I am going to Australia (it is kinda close to Japan…kinda). It is even odder that I have to pack autumn/winter clothes instead of summer clothes (btw it is always opposite day in Australia).
I will be staying in Sydney, which turns out to NOT be the capital of Australia…(it is Canberra) for an entire month. I know I know, Sydney doesn’t count as all of Australia, but my university student lifestyle and budget can only allow for so much, plus I have some super friends in Sydney that will keep me from feeling lonely in a new place.
Some fun facts about Sydney, Australia
– It is illegal to hold a koala in New South Wales unless you have a fancy license to hold one.
– Kinder eggs are legal
– There is a suburb called Newtown and it is not new
– You can’t hug koalas
– They have pretty decent public transportation (unlike Miami..)
– The University of Sydney has a building that looks like a castle
– Most of the museums are free
– You cannot hug or hold koalas